3 abr 2015

EL CAMINO DE MESA Y LA PARADA DEL BUS The table runner and the bus stop


Hice un camino de mesa, que surgió de una imagen que me rondaba en la cabeza desde el pasado verano, en que vi unas estelas en una parada de autobús de un pueblo del norte de Italia, Pergine. La parada estaba demarcada mediante unas estelas. E hice el reportaje en el blog (agosto) porque las estelas me llamaron la atención, como inspiración para hacer algo en patchwork. Las fotos se pueden ver AQUI.
I made a table runner, inspired by an image that was wandering around my mind since last summer, when I saw some Stele or Stela at a bus stop in the town of Pergine, in the North of Italy. The bus stop was marked with  some Stele or Stela, or stone tablets. I posted it in my blog (August) as the stele drew my attention as inspiration to make some patchwork. The photos can be seen HERE.

Las estelas que ví en Pergine tenia piedrecitas inscrustadas sobre un fondo rosa o gris claro, que recuerdan el mosaico bizantino. Esto me llevó a diseñar algo similar, que guardara el aire...
The stele I saw in Pergine had some small little stones enbedded, on a pink or light grey background, that resemble a byzantine mosaic. This led me to design something similar, that would keep the air...


Aquí la disposición de los trozos sobre el fondo, y la parada del autobús.
Here you can see the layout of the fabric scraps on the bsckground, and the bus stop.

Claro que no pretendía que fuera igual... la idea está presente: apliqué formas sobre un fondo liso.
Of course I did not pretend it to be the same... the idea is present: I appliquéd the shapes on a solid background. 

Hice "raw edge" apliqué. I did raw edge appliqué.

Y luego acolché y acolché...
And then I quilted and quilted...

Primero los trocitos aplicados. Luego el fondo. Cada uno tratando de mantener el color de cada uno. Que el acolchado estuviera presente, pero sin resaltar mucho. Y lo mismo con el fondo.
First I quilted the appliquéed scraps. Then the background. Each one trying to keep the colours. I wanted the quilting to be present, but not to stand out too much. And the same with the background. 








El fondo del acolchado está hecho a rayas, replicando la textura de piedra, y usando los tonos marrón y rosa melocotón de las telas principales. Luego hay burbujas, vainas, y "piedrecitas".
I quilted lines in the background, replicating the texture of stone, using  the brown and peach pink tones of the main fabrics. Then there are bubbles, pods, and pebbles. 

Cerré el trabajo, fundiendo el acolchado con un tono de marrón más claro, para que no resaltara tanto las burbujas, vainas y demás..
I finished up the work, blending the quilting in a ligther brown, so that the bubbles, pods and others would not stand out that much. 


Aqui, antes de terminar el orillo. Here, before finishing the binding.




















Reconoces los diseños de Lori Kennedy y de Hillary Florence? Can you recognise Lori Kennedy and Hillary Florence 's designs? 
Aquí, ya todo acolchado, incluso los espacios entre los trocitos, como si fueran teselas o piedrecitas.
Here, once completely quilted, even the spaces between the scraps, as if they were little pebbles or tessellated stones.
Es una feliz coincidencia que la destinataria de este camino de mesa tenga su salón en estos tonos, porque son parecidos a los de la parada del autobús. It's a happy coincidence that the recipient of this table runner has her living-room in these hues, as they are similar to those of the bus stop.






9 comentarios:

  1. What an interesting project! I like your 'pods' quilting in the negative space - and I recognise at least 3 of Lori's designs too! I do hope your friend loves it - you have put so much work into it.
    By the way - do you know that you are a 'no-reply' blogger? This means that I can not reply to your emails - which is a shame because people will the not reply to your comments. You should be able to alter this in your settings.
    Also, I can not find your name on your blog - Hilacha means loose strands, doesn't it?
    Hilary Florence

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I've fixed it, Hilary. Thank you for making me aware, and thank you for your comments.

      Eliminar
  2. Superbe création ! J'aime beaucoup ton chemin de table qui a une belle histoire et un impact graphique très intéressant !
    Bonnes fêtes de Pâques, bises de France !

    ResponderEliminar
  3. This had turned out wonderfully. I love all shapes and the texture from your quilting. You have much nicer bus stops than we do here!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. This bus stop is in the North of Italy. I live in Spain, and here, bus stops are not a great deal...

      Eliminar
  4. This is a wonderful rendition of your bus stop inspiration! The raw edges and the quilting are perfect for the rustic look. I'm sure your friend will cherish it forever.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. me encanta los colores que has utilizado, felcidades, es un quit precioso, eres una maestra del acolchado

    ResponderEliminar

Tus comentarios/ Your comments: